On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 4:31 PM, H.S.Rai <h...@raiandrai.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 3:27 PM, Arun Ganesh <arun.plane...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > * Login to http://applications.nrsc.gov.in/query.asp
>
> OK
>
> The site displays:
>
> This site is best viewed in Internet Explorer 5.0 and above. Please do
> not use pop-up blocker to access this web site..
>
> Sad ti read.
>
> > * Copy the getcapabilities link from the wms service section
>
> It was
> http://applications.nrsc.gov.in:8080/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w/apps/lulc/Mapfiles/lulc0708_LAN.map&version=1.1.1&service=WMS&request=GetCapabilities&layer=LULC%20of%20India&;
>

> But it downloade (though you never mentioned to download from that
> URL) "mapserv.exe".
>

> * In josm>preferences>wms servers add a new server and paste the link and
> > click load layers
> > * Choose the LULC layer and add it to the server list

Did.

> Unable to get anything.

In the wms plugin add server dialog, the getcapabilities url should be able
to return 4 layers from the server. If it does, then you should be on the
right track.

You may not be able to download anything in josm now due to the api
downtime. Maybe that is the issue?

j.mp/ArunGanesh <http://j.mp/ArunGanesh>