Hi,

I tried to find a Wiki page about tagging Japanese addresses correctly.
I only found the general "JA:Key:addr" page:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/JA:Key:addr
Is there already some other guideline how to do this?

For example for a building I could add the following tags?

    addr:full=兵庫県神戸市中央区雲井通5-3-1
    add:postcode=651-0096
    addr:country=JA
    addr:province=兵庫
    addr:city=神戸
    addr:suburb=中央区
    addr:place=雲井通5-3-1
    addr:housename=サンパル

Already here I have various questions:

  * Do I include 県市区町名 in tags like addr:province or addr:city?
    "addr:suburb=中央区" or "addr:suburb=中央"?

  * How to tag the English/Romaji/Kana address?
    "addr:city:en=Kobe" and "addr:city:ja_kana=こうべ"?
    This going to become a huge list of tags then for every address.

  * Is "addr:place=雲井通5-3-1" correct?
    What to do with 上田町 and 二丁目? Do we split an address into more
    tags?

Since Japanese addresses have such a nice hierarchy using polygon areas,
it would be easy to derive information from parent address polygons
(instead of adding this information to each and every building).
In this case we have for example for "二丁目" as "boundary:admin_level=
10", but how to apply the address information?

Anyone has a best practice already?

Thanks,
Daniel

PS: Where I live now I received a very detailed map delivered to all
households by the city, published by 日本特殊地図協会. The block
polygons and other building shapes look identical to GSI/KIBAN 2500. But
there is no information about the data source. Property owners layers is
added, but maybe provided by Zenrin or the city?

--
Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan
eMail: daniel.ka...@georepublic.de