Eugene Alvin Villar wrote, On Wednesday, May 06, 2009 11:57 PM:
> This is a rendering problem, not a problem of data collection. It's
> theoretically possible to add more metadata to those resorts (like
> N-star rating) so that a renderer can choose to, say, display only 4-
> and 5-star resorts so as not to clutter a general-purpose map. This can
> be tied to zoom levels so that at a low zoom level, only Boracay
> Regency, Discovery Shores, Friday's, Shangri-La Boracay, etc. will be
> displayed or labeled. At higher zoom levels, more detail and labels can
> then be displayed.

I was thinking about this recently, and wondered if there might, at any point
in the future, be plans to include another level of zoom. I guess that has huge
implications on data storage, but it seems that it would be useful. Or would it
be possible to build your own renderer to do this?

I created the Boracay data in JOSM, which can zoom in pretty much as far as you
like, and of course it looked fine in there. But I see Ahmed's point about it
looking too cluttered when its displayed on the map as rendered by OSM.

Jim