> I don't favor using addr:city, addr:village, is_in to specify where a POI
> is. Here are the cons:
>
> 1. Duplication of info with admin borders (and potential mismatch issues)

I agree, my previous address edits includes only housenumbers and
associated street. And then I added the admin_level polygon hoping
this can be used to support addressing.

I am not against ditching the is_in tag, I'm just thinking of ways I
can streamline my workflow.

> 1. POIs are easier to filter by place than the alternative which is to do
> bounding polygon calculation, which is more computationally intensive. This
> calculation can be mitigated somewhat by doing pre-processing of the data
> just before the data will be used (e.g., as an additional step to making
> Garmin maps.)

Explicitly defining address within the POI node (via addr:*) is always
better than interpolation.

> Regardless, addr:street is essential since this is very hard to infer from
> the data without it.
My problem with this one is whether to use addr:street or via
associatedStreet relation.
As always in OSM, there are at least 2 ways to do things. :)

--
cheers,
maning