Hi everybody,

I'm not really happy with my Subdivision name tags in Cebu City.

I'm currently using place=suburb wich seems the smallest city sub-division.
The name already appears on low zoom levels and will clutter the map.
(The name appears on the map like barangays,
making it difficult to differentiate both.)

http://osm.org/go/4tRHqMU--

The lower sub-division of cities would be a "locality",
but this is for "An unpopulated, named place."
It doesn't seem much used also.

I used to map Subdivisions as  place=subdivision.
A tag that seems to be used in the Philippines ;

http://tagwatch.stoecker.eu/Philippines/En/keystats_place.html

Unfortunately this is not part of the "official" tags,
and then the name never appears on any map....

http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/255051865

Any ideas or suggestions? How do you tag (private) subdivisions?

Regards,

Totor