Here's an example of aligning Bing Maps imagery.

This first image shows the default view of Bing Maps in Potlatch 2 and
with GPS traces loaded (the yellow arrows show the offset needed to
align the imagery):
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Bing_not_yet_aligned_in_GMA,_Cavite.jpg

This next image shows the Bing Maps layer moved to provide a best fit
alignment with the GPS traces:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Bing_now_aligned_in_GMA,_Cavite.jpg

This last image shows streets traced from Bing Maps now that it is aligned:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Bing_now_aligned_and_traced_in_GMA,_Cavite.jpg

Tips: When trying to align the image, look over a larger area where
GPS traces are available and do a best fit over that area. In
addition, the best spots to inspect for alignments are intersections
and curves in the roads.

--
http://vaes9.codedgraphic.com