Dear all,

Do you want to hold a lightning talk during SotM 2021?

A Lightning Talk is a 5 minutes short presentation and can be about any
topic related to OpenStreetMap. *Please visit the wiki page to propose a
lightning
talk:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/State_of_the_Map_2021/registration_lightning_talks
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/State_of_the_Map_2021/registration_lightning_talks>*

At the moment, there is room for about 24 lightning talks, so we might have
to select the best ones if there are more submissions. If we have questions
concerning your lightning talk, we would use your OSM username to contact
you.

*Non-English Lightning Talks*As some sort of an experiment, we also accept
lightning talks in other languages (aside from English) if you can provide
English subtitles for them. When you upload your lightning talk video, also
upload the English subtitles (in a separate file, don't render them onto
the video, we will take care of that). Please make sure that the subtitles
are displayed when playing your video with VLC.

*Deadline*
The deadline for lightning talks (both registration and video upload) is *2
July 2021 23:59:59 UTC.*

*Lightning Talk Program Schedule*Lightning Talks will be scheduled shortly
before the conference in one of the lightning talk slots of the SotM
schedule. Please check the schedule on the SotM website before or during
the conference to know when your lightning talk will take place. We expect
that you will be available during the conference to chat with SotM
participants about your subject.

*Other Open Calls:*1. Call for Posters (Deadline: 27 June)
https://2021.stateofthemap.org/calls/posters/
2. Call for live translators (Deadline: 28 June)
https://2021.stateofthemap.org/calls/translators/

*Background:* State of the Map 2021 will take place online from 9 to 11
July 2021! Check out https://2021.stateofthemap.org/

Thanks,

Arnalie

On behalf of SotM Working Group