In message <def74e78d2f74302bdf48ad40609a...@redsol>
          "Roger Slevin" <ro...@slevin.plus.com> wrote:

> Thomas

> You comment that York doesn't appear to be aware of the stoparea principle
> ... this is widespread.  There are no downstream national applications that
> make use of stopareas - and no pressure, therefore, to create stoparea data.

All the journey planners do use StopAreas in one form or another.
Isn't it that some are completely "implicit", though not necessarily
requiring identical common names, or just don't publicise their
StopAreas in NaPTAN (NE England).

While "Implicit" is useful and better than badly constructed
"explicit", the explicit method gives more control and I hope that
before too long we will have StopAreas in NaPTAN for all parts of the
UK.

--
Peter J Stoner
UK Regional Coordinator

a trading name of
Intelligent Travel Solutions Ltd  company number 3826797
Drury House, 34-43 Russell Street, LONDON WC2B 5HA