Ed Loach wrote:
> Recently I wrote (re CUStomary stops):
>

>> I can't
>> think of any easy way of verifying those other than hang around
>> all day hoping someone will get on or off (or perhaps trying to
>> get on at one and trying to get off at another).
>>

> I saw Peter's suggestion about getting drivers arguing, but thought
> I'd add that while out checking stops at the weekend I noticed that
> during the recent programme of raising kerbs at bus stops in this
> area they seem to have raised them for a number of the CUS stops
> too, making those easier to verify than I had been expecting. Still
> quite a few that aren't though.
>
> Ed

I have just started to check the stops in East Yorkshire, where there
are 130+ CUS stops.  I deliberately went to check the nearest CUS stop
to see what clues there were, only to find it had a sign like any other
stop.  I guess it has been converted.  EY stops have a number of paired
stops with only one sign labelled 'and opposite' for the other stop and
nearly 50% so far don't display the AtcoCode at the stop.  Their
positions seem very accurate.

Cheers, Chris