On 4 Apr 2010, at 16:05, Chris Hill wrote:

> Shaun McDonald wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> A couple of weeks back I took a week end trip walking from Penzance to Lands
>> End, on the way taking plenty of photos, some of which were of bus stops.
>>
>> The first problem I've found is that none of them seem to have a naptan code
>> on them. Then there are several that I have found that have a flag on the
>> ground, that looks like it's been there for a few years at least, with up to
>> date timetable information, so it is still in use, yet there is nothing in
>> the naptan data that has just been imported a couple of nights ago?
>>
>> Should just add the bus stop with the tag naptan=missing? Then someone can
>> pull out all those bus stops at some point to see what's going on?
>>

> I would add the stop with shelter=yes|no and any other stuff. Just by
> missing off any Naptan fields makes it clear that it's not a naptan
> stop. The NOVAM pages pick these up already. I think there are a few of
> these in many counties.

The reason why I want to add the naptan=missing is so that it derificates them
from stops that were added before naptan, and highlights the fact that they
could not be found in the naptan data.

So far I think there has been more stops on the ground without a naptan data
item, than in the naptan data along the route I took. I'm quite impressed with
the fact the vast majority of them have timetable information on them, though
they do lack fare information (thought that's probably so that they can charge
3 times as much to go a 1/3 of the distance).

Shaun