On 8/20/2011 2:56 PM, Phil! Gold wrote:
* Nathan Edgars II<nerou...@gmail.com>  [2011-08-20 14:24 -0400]:
I agree with this, and will abide by any reasonable consistent convention.

The wiki has long recommended using the two-letter state abbreviation, a
space, and the number.  Is there any problem with continuing to use this
approach?

The wiki has long been inconsistent. It probably still recommends the US:ST approach somewhere.

It's not what the states themselves use. I know I'm not the only one who believes this; I've noticed, for example, a number of "UT" changed to "SR" with a comment like "there's no such thing as UT x".