On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 12:47 PM, Ian Dees <ian.d...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Because that information is useless in OSM. It was out of date the second
> someone ran the upload script and unless the city of Fresno decides to
> switch to OSM for their official tax plat information (which I'm pretty sure
> would be illegal in most jurisdictions), no one in the community can improve
> it. We should get rid of it.

Property lines are still observable phenomenon, though.  Depending on
jurisdiction, it might require surveying from the nearest benchmark,
but in many cases, there's markers embedded in the nearest curb or
other devices indicating the most recent plot boundary.

> I mentioned the address nodes because it would be the only useful data to
> keep in OSM. As Toby mentioned, there's no such data.

Though the address belongs to an area, so it would make sense to keep
the corresponding boundary.