KerryIrons writes:
 > I hope you are aware that the RAGBRAI route changes every year.  And that is
 > not just adjustments to the route but rather completely different routes
 > each year.  While routes may repeat after a few years, if you did the
 > RAGBRAI route every year you would eventually show a large fraction of the
 > east/west roads in Iowa as being bicycle routes, or at least RAGBRAI.

That wouldn't be such a horrible thing. I was tasked with the job of
finding bicycle rounds around Grinnell, and let me tell you, it was
quite a chore. The vast majority of roads, even around a college town,
were dirt roads (now marked in OSM as unpaved, of course). Trying to
paste paved routes together took me hours of work every day.

Would have been much easier if I had been able to look for RAGBRAI
routes, even if they were from previous years.

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-600-8815
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog