Ian Dees writes:
 > I've tried a couple times to reach out to this user with no response.

This seems like a problem to me. Perhaps we (that is to say, the
people who have the permission to stop an account from uploading) need
an intermediate step between locking an account, and permitting random
editing. Maybe we need a status intermediate between having an account
locked, and having an account which is marked read-only? "Your account
is marked as read-only. Please read your INBOX for more
information." That would catch the id and potlatch users. Then we just
need JOSM to show a similar error message when it tries to log you in.

Or maybe a 'moderation' facility, whereby somebody's changeset needs
to be human-reviewed before it goes into the database? If somebody has
proven themselves to make troublesome edits, this seems like an
expensive yet effective way to help them.

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-600-8815
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog