Length doesn't matter. It's how the FRA classifies it. Between
Saratoga Springs and North Creek, the Saratoga and North Creek
Railroad is a common carrier. The Sanford Lake Branch, which continues
without pause from the S&NC from its MP0 just a bit north of North
Creek goes 23 miles up to Tahawus (the former community and
equally-former titanium mine). The Sanford Lake Branch is an
industrial spur owned by the owners of the mine.

(We will not go into the fact that it was carved through several
wildernesses protected by the New York State Constitution as "Forever
Wild by the federal government during WWII. When NYS objected, the
feds said more or less "Don't you know there's a war going on??")