Alyssa,
I will be out of the country with iffy internet service on Wed but would
otherwise like to join the call. Would you mind if we solicit questions
ahead of time that we could have discuss? I have two question or maybe they
are really concerns.

One of my concern is that the legal opinions I see regarding ODbL all focus
on third party uses of the data. None of the opinions ask the question,
what happens to OSM if we were to relax the terms of the license. It is as
if business intelligence from a for-profit business Trumped (pun intended)
OSM's contributors.

The second concern is how to give back to government agencies that publish
their data with no constraints. I would love it if the agencies could use
our data. How can that be facilitated and still protect OSM?

At the last townhall, for SOTM-US, we discussed publishing the US Chapter's
minutes and financials. I strongly recommend you included the Board's
commitment to publishing minutes and financials in the conversation with
firm deadlines.

Respectfully,
Clifford

On Sun, Feb 21, 2016 at 2:58 PM, alyssa wright <alyssapwri...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Exciting news here! The OSM US board has partnered with the cyber law
> clinic at Harvard University Law School for some cyber
> <http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cyber> law research. 💾
>
> We are working with two talented young women who bring legal learning and
> perspective to OpenStreetMap questions. This is smart research that we hope
> is just the beginning of engaging university students outside of geography
> and computer majors (which IS most of us anyway).
>
> We'll be sharing the semester research in the Spring but if you want to
> learn more posthaste join us for a Town Hall
> <https://plus.google.com/u/1/events/cek2evvdtmimm0e3ontdnucends?hl=en>
> next Wednesday. To whet the legal scholars out there you can also check out
> the blog announcement <https://openstreetmap.us/2016/02/law-clinic/>
> starring our newly elected OSM US pet representative.
>
> We're also accepting nominations for next year's OSM US pet mascot. 🐈😜
>
> Let us know if you have any questions!
> Best,
> Alyssa.

@osm_seattle