Hi guys,

Need advice on how to setup a OSM searchable school district lookup system
using a static js driven site.

Can we start adding the school districts for the map in the usa?

For Lawrence Township they assign individual houses or streets.

Here is the best map I have come up with for lawrence so far :
https://twitter.com/h4ck3rm1k3/status/761970059430486020

Basically the question is, can we store the school district information
attached to a house number or street as needed or do we have to store it
externally?

I would like to add this information to the house or street level in osm or
find a way to link a customer layer to osm. Basically I want to have the
user search and find the location in osm, I have added all the house
numbers to osm where the streets are split. So we would find a street or a
house number, and for that number I need to return the custom data.

I have setup and cleaned all the data for Lawrence Township, NJ.  We have a
project page for mercer county here :
https://github.com/codefortrenton/school-districts

I am making progress on this topic, the way I am planning on doing it now
is to have a geojson file with all the district areas borders for the
township and then use a leaflet slippy map to display it on top of osm, and
nominatim to search for house numbers, and then take the coordinates found
at a give point to lookup the bounding parcel.

The problem that I see is that the id might change over time, otherwise I
would use the osm id. I guess I could take the streetname and house number
and add it to a look up table.

mike

--
James Michael DuPont