On 11/20/2017 2:36 PM, Gleb Smirnoff wrote:
In the simple way you need to follow
all nodes your predessor had drawn, clicking all the nodes, be it
25 nodes or 100. In the advanced way, you don't. You instantly
reuse his line for your new polygon. This was a most typical example
of benefits that advanced multipolygons provide.

This is a good example where multipolygons make sense. I have run into this in the past and naturally migrated to a multipolygon instead of clicking through hundreds of nodes.

However for smaller landuse areas such as residential neighborhoods or shopping centers, there may be only 4-20 nodes per adjacent polygon. For those cases, I find that multipolygons only increase the load on future maintenance and present a major confusion factor for new users.