Hyperbole? Not at all. It appears in just the one changeset, 57914505, this user created approximately 5,800 untagged nodes. The user was contacted, but does not respond. There are 6-8 new users who just started editing in and around Denver. Circumstantial evidence seems to indicagte they are part of a team in that they all started about the same time, their edits are remarkably similar and they all use the same changeset comment, "adding parking". They don't respond to changeset comments.

In this changeset (not Denver), the user created some odd lines. Maybe they mean something, but I don't understand them. If the user replied, it would help to understand the user's edits. This does not look like, "added parking". I'm not hating on new users. I would love for them to join OSM and help map. All I'm saying is that there is a new group of mappers who are creating poor edits and will not communicate.

https://www.openstreetmap.org/edit?changeset=57918111#map=17/33.10686/-117.18078

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Morgan
Sent: Apr 23, 2018 11:10 AM
To: "ajt1...@gmail.com"
Cc: Talk
Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] [Talk-us] Undiscussed mass-revert by user Nakaner-repair

On Sun, Apr 22, 2018 at 11:42 PM, ajt1...@gmail.com <ajt1...@gmail.com> wrote:
On 23/04/2018 03:40, Jack Armstrong dan...@sprynet.com wrote:
I fully support the efforts of Nakaner. There are 6-8 users creating a mess in the Denver, Colorado area.

What'd really help matters would be if local mappers could comment on changesets by new mappers (both "good" and "bad").  I see that someone's already commented on a couple of the "thousands of node additions" that you're presumably referring to here (if that was you - thanks!), but often locals are by far the best people to say "that doesn't look correct".  See https://openstreetmap.org/changeset/57929974 for an example near me by one of the "organised" mappers that alerted GB and DE mappers to the problems there.

Okay so Jack fully supports Nakaner.  He reports that 6-8 users are creating a mess in the Denver, Colorado area.  If we look at the node that Jack is pointing to, then we will see that Victoria1901, https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Victoria1901 has made 30 edits.  There are zero blocks against her.   Hyperbole!  Hyperbole!  So she didn't draw in the way.  Honestly, are we going to grow new mappers or not.  We have to let new people fail.  That's part of the learning process.  In the same area is chachafish, https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/chachafish.  The user has 124,710 edits.  Is there something that you don't like?  So have I covered two of the 6-8 editors messing up Denver Colorado?

Regards,
Greg