On 11/9/2018 5:36 PM, Martijn van Exel wrote:
As an experiment my colleagues from the Telenav map team churned out some local MapRoulette challenges for adding missing street names from TIGER. The tasks were created by comparing TIGER (2017) to existing OSM data using our conflation tool Cygnus, which outputs ways with no names in OSM but that have names in TIGER.

Looks like a great list of challenges!

Considering that there are a number of counties in my region (Upstate South Carolina) where we plan on synchronizing to the newest official data and verifying against imagery, a TIGER compare challenge would be counter-productive. There were a great many name changes and street additions and deletions compared to 2007 TIGER and probably even recent TIGER.

Of course there's always the chance in the future if all local mappers go inactive, it would make sense to have a TIGER challenge to add the new and growing areas.