On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 8:33 AM Brian Stromberg
<brian.stromb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> When I hear “clinic” in reference to a healthcare facility, I think of
> “urgent care” clinics, and I think there are about six urgent care clinics
> within a 20 minute drive of my local hospital. These are usually staffed with
> nurses and Physicians Assistants rather than MDs.

In my state, a nurse-practitioner or a physician's assistant has to
work under the supervision of an MD, so there's generally at least one
doc at an urgent care clinic. Still, you're right that for routine
matters a patient probably won't need to see the MD.  I know that I've
seen NP's at my doc's office, and they've ordered radiology and lab
work, and prescribed. (If the radiology or labs had shown anything out
of the ordinary, they'd have bucked it up to a doc.)

Your area doesn't also have numerous multi-specialty 'health centres?'
Places where they consolidate radiology, lab, endoscopy, outpatient
surgery, orthopaedics, ...?

--
73 de ke9tv/2, Kevin