The 'names' look like someone's field notes: 'Tarn A', 'Tarn B', 'Tarn C',
'Tarn Off the Map', 'Tarn Off the Trail', rather than something that the
locals would call them.

Of course, people's field notes leak into imported data sources all the
time.

For the sake of not firing the first shot in an edit war, since the mapper
is responsive, ask if there's any objection to removing the questionable
names?

On Sat, Aug 8, 2020 at 3:15 PM Mike Thompson <miketh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I thought the names of these water bodies[0] in RMNP were suspect because:
> 1) The names do not appear in the GNIS,
> 2) The names do not appear on the USGS topo
> 3) The names do not appear in the NHD
> 4) The names do not appear on the RMNP map that is handed out to visitors
> 5) I have hiked past here several times but have never seen signs naming
> these bodies of water.
> 6) I asked the mapper that added the names what their source was, and they
> said they didn't remember.
> 7) I have several hiking books covering RMNP and none mention these water
> bodies using these names.
>
> Mike
>
> [0]
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/429681825