Hello SA Mappers

Friday's are always a good day for some good news. I've just gotten back from
the Drakenstein Municipality (Paarl). They make and own their own data (have
their own spatial planning department), and have given us a copy of the data so
that we can upload it into OpenStreetMap. The department is pretty jacked up
and they seem on top of their game. They did not want to sign any licences etc
because they don't want to be held liable for discrepancies in the data etc,
but are more than keen for us to use the data (something like Cape Town). I've
also sent the lady I was dealing with some detail on OSM, and will be following
it up with some more information on how we map at some point so that they can
get more involved if they wish.

The area covered is quite big (Paarl / Wellington and some surrounding area),
and the data includes rivers, cadastral info, roads, rail etc. The compressed
file size is 3554KB. Looking at it, it really is a nice dataset.

Hands up to be involved in the import? The first step would be converting the
data (Adrian... you up for that?). From what I see in the area... I would think
the best approach is to wipe what is currently there, and load this data up
instead.

Regards,
Brendan Barrett