From: Rickus Viljoen
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 2:05 AM
To: talk-za@openstreetmap.org
Subject: [OSM-Talk-ZA] South African Tagging Guidelines?

Hi

I've been looking at the 'SA Tagging Guidelines' page.
I'm wondering how I should tag 'dirt roads'.
I have seen others in SA have used any of the following...
- highway=tertiary or
- tracktype=grade2
- highway=road
- highway=unclassified

Also how should I tag a 'paved/tarred' road that is not an R or M road but that
is also not a 'residential' road. Currently I use 'unclassified'.
Any comments please and maybe we can update the SA Tagging Guidelines page with
a bit more detail.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/South_African_Tagging_Guidelines

Keep up the mapping!
Rickus Viljoen