If you have the Facebook Chat plug-in installed, disable it by opening the
options dialog, selecting plug-ins in the tree view, and unchecking
facebook.dll in the list of plug-ins.  Restart Miranda once you've done
this, and open the accounts dialog.  Click the add button, give the
account a name like FB Chat, Facebook, or whatever else you want to call
it, preferably a different name to the account created with the
facebook.dll plug-in.  Choose Jabber as the protocol.  Once the account
has added, select it in the listbox.  When asked to choose a network type,
i.e. secure or public XMPP, just leave it on the default setting.  Enter
your Facebook username (not! email address) and password, and enter
chat.facebook.com as the server address.  Hit OK, set the account to
online, and the account should work just fine.

--
James Scholes

Earlier, Rachel D Keyte wrote:
        Hi guys,
  I know a lot of you are keen miranda users, so have come for help.
I just got miranda today (Andre's version) and can not setup facebook
chat to work with it.  my actual facebook is showing online but not
jabba.  Someone told me that the jabba type needs to be set to xmpp
public server, so I set it to that, and enter in my user name and
chat.facebook.com in the edit combo box. but i find that once I OK
that, the type defaults back to "facebook chat".
I've also tried leaving it at facebook chat while entering
chat.facebook.com but that doesn't work either.
what am I doing wrong people?
Thanks,
Cheers! :)

Did you miss a message?  Well, don't.