On 10/01/2008, Abigail Brady <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Jan 10, 2008 11:06 AM, Lester Caine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Stephen Gower wrote:
> > >
> > >   Not where it isn't marked on the ground, and is only defined by
> > >   reference to the Copyrighted national mapping.  The is the case in
> > >   many places in the UK.
> >
> > AND it is changed each year or so by the Boundary Commission :)
> >

> Administrative boundary changes (as opposed to electoral ones) are in fact
> relatively rare and usually make boundaries follow more easily identified
> features (for example, the external border of Greater London in many places
> now follows the M25, as opposed to the line of nearby ancient hedges which
> may or not be there any more).
>
> --
> Abi

Is Greater London debatable or for a mapping/administritive meaning are you
counting the outside boundaries of the London Boroughs?

I personally do it by the London Transport zone, as your generally need a
10-12minute bus service so it feels like London. By friends in the next
suburb define Greater London by the M25, which would include them and lots
of fields.

--
Gregory
[EMAIL PROTECTED]