On Jan 22, 2008 5:39 PM, Gervase Markham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dave Stubbs wrote:
> > This is really not difficult to handle.
> > You check for a unit, if you don't understand the unit you pretend the
> > tag didn't exist.
>
> So this means that some renderers won't render some values; whereas if
> we standardised on metres, then all renderers would render all values.

But some of them will be incorrect. And how do I now make a renderer that
gives the speed limit in the unit it's actually specified?

Fixing the renderer is relatively simple.
The problem is that the world hasn't standardised on km, and it probably
won't anytime soon.

So yeah, take your pick, but personally I'd prefer correct data.
We can of course add another tag, either a tag for a km equivalent value, or
a tag for the actual value with units, but I can't imagine many people will
bother to fill this in.

Dave
(last post on this subject)