A PDF-exporter sounds great! And for Illustrator even better!

Would that be for the rendered files or for the data? I guess both
would be valuable but a data dump to PDF is what I really need. :) Is
it going to be a plug for JOSM or Potlatch? Layers? Tags?

Until then I found out an somewhat easy way to do it (wont give you
any fancy stuff like the tags or leyers etc):
- Export GPX-file from JOSM
- Upload it to http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/ and choose SVG as target
file type
- Import the SVG-file into Adobe Illustrator
- All ways will be segmented. This you can fix with the "Concatenate"
plugin from http://rj-graffix.com/software/plugins.html (20dollars).

/Axel