This probably doesn't apply to Nicks question if he was out in the country,
but I take the view that if I find a path that has 2m wide paved surface and
it doesn't have a no cycling sign then I will generally give it a cycleway
tag on the basis that clearly in practice it can be used as one.

Cheers

Andy