Alex Mauer wrote:

> Isn't a value of "unknown" in use on several other tags?  It is at least
> on the whole "access" series of tags
> (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Key:access)
>
> So highway=unknown would make sense to me.

Something like road=unknown might make sense, but because the highway
tag is used for lots of non-road things, highway=unknown could be
talking about any kind of highway, such as a footway.  Quite a lot of
the time you know it is a road because you drove down it, but you don't
necessarily know what class of road it is.

--

  - Steve
    xmpp:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   sip:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.nexusuk.org/