On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 12:59 AM, Ian Dees <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Has anyone experimented with using the hourly, daily, etc. OSC files
> available on planet.openstreetmap.org to update their live PostGIS database?
> Ideally, I'd like to also kick off mapnik re-rendering of the tiles that
> have changed.
>
> I'm looking at it, but wanted to make sure I'm not duplicating someone's
> work.

Not actively as far as I'm aware.

Martijn did some work to make the osm2pgsql slim mode work which you'd
need for this; this results in tables for ways, nodes, and relations,
as well as the standard feature tables. Then when importing the
changes you have to keep track of which features in the feature tables
need to change. Ideally you could create a new postgis table which
defines the changed areas -- this could be used to determine which
tiles need rerendering.

Dave