----- Original Message -----
  From: Donald Allwright
  To: David Groom ; talk@openstreetmap.org
  Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2008 2:42 PM
  Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] Mapnik & large rievrs

  >Areas tagged with the tag waterway = rivebank
  >http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Tag:waterway%3Driverbank  do not
  >seem to be rendering in Mapnik.

  I've noticed that you need to add natural=water, then it renders OK in
mapnik. However, either the wiki should be updated to say this, or if dropping
this as a requirement is better then mapnik needs updating to render as water
without this tag.

  Donald

  Sent from Yahoo! Mail.
  A Smarter Email.
Until last week the tag waterway = riverbank hadn't been agreed, and so I guess
it was an acceptible workaround to use the natural = water tag.  As the
waterway = riverbank is now an agreed tag for larger rivers I would suggest the
wiki page is not "updated" to suggest natural = water should be used.

David