Hi all,

We've put together a press release with OSM (strictly speaking OSMF)'s
reaction to Google Map Maker.

You can get it in PDF or RTF format at:
http://svn.openstreetmap.org/misc/pr_material/releases/

The OSMF board is sending it to a few of the big tech blogs, but in
true OSM fashion, we'd like to crowdsource the distribution. After
all, the OSM community has had amazing success in getting publicity
recently.

So please do:

- download the release
- translate it into your language
- add any useful local statistics (e.g. 1000 roads in Nether Yvebosch
mapped by one man)
- add your contact details, if you're happy to be a media spokesperson
- and send it to media who you think may appreciate it!

To avoid a recipient getting the release from three mappers at once, I
suggest we co-ordinate here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Press/Release_distribution

As ever, any questions, just yell.

cheers