All,

I am the author and producer of the "Italy Video" which generated
interest during SOM08 and which generated some interest in the "post SOTM"
week.

John (McKerrell) - I hope your SOTM review from last Thurday went just
as well without the high resolution video.

I spoke to Simone,also to thank
him for having re-exposed the video to the community in Limerick following the
initial postings I made in January.

Based on this and other recent
conversations,   I would like to share some points of interest, should there be
future requests in relation to this video and/or other material currently
available on the web and authored by us (=GFOSS.it and other individuals
relating to it)

1. The "Italy video" [title: Riflessioni sul tema(tismo)] is
currently available through the youtube version http://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=_ZOQSn5tyqQ

It should be cited as Riflessioni sul tema(tismo), by pibinko,
Italy 2008.

FYI - following the "world premiere" in January 2008 I had
requests to dub the video in Spanish, to add other scenes and other very
interesting ideas which would be wonderful to "make happen" in a CC-BY-NC-SA
mode....it is good to see that whenever the video re-surfaces, new interest is
generated. ....it would be of benefit to any project referring to CC as a
licensing model to make some of this happen ;)

2. A high resolution version of
the video has been available via FTP for a few months, following the Arezzo
Mapping Party.
This version is no longer on line.
If anybody did download the
high(er) resolution version, I'd appreciate to know. I am too lazy to check
server logs at present.

also note that the "high resolution" version is
*better* than the youtube one, but would not be qualified as a real production
video.

3. I have the possibility of rendering a DVD-quality version of the
video, as well as other strains of the same material.

This won't take more
than a few hours, but we need to put this in the pipeline of other ongoing
activities (of which maybe less than 10% OSM-related). We will be glad to
consider requests, but planning will be of the essence.

 Just send an e-mail
to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and we can see if/no sooner than when your request can be
accomodated.

4. As any other content which is generated for not-for-profit
awareness raising (or even for commercial reasons, as a matter of fact) we, as
the GFOSS.it association, would be glad of being notified of cases where such a
video has generated interest.

At present, the best way to do this is by means
of comments to the youtube version of the video (using the "comments" section
on youtube).
If you don't like the idea of posting your comments on that site,
you can still send an e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

5. If you feel we
should use a different model for our awareness raising activities, I will be
glad to learn of ideas on how to change/improve it.

Thank you for your
attention, and regards

Andrea Giacomelli
vice president and media relations
manager - GFOSS.it - Italian OSGeo Chapter

p.s. if any video editor is
interested: we have substantial portions of footage from the Jan-Jul 2008
campaigns where GFOSS.it has collaborated with Italian OSM activists.
We have
edited "instant" short movies (all available on youtube, again...look for the
gfoss tag), but we could consider opportunities to assemble more of the footage
we are currently keeping in our drawers...

p.p.s. this opportunity does not
strictly apply to OSM-related material...a lot more is on free geographic
information in general.