Hello everyone,

Was thinking of a few ideas for an OSM mobile editor which could work as
follows:

* Ability to allow user in the field to add new attributes to a way (e.g.
road name if it's missing, or one way) or correct existing attributes.
* Allow a user to add new POIs.
* Could work by either downloading OSM data live from the server (though
this would have problem of being relatively expensive for the user) or by
the user preloading OSM data to the phone before they go out.
* Allows user to add annotations to Openstreetbugs (e.g. "missing footpath
here")
* Because the inbuilt GPS in phones is not as good as dedicated devices,
it would not be a priority to develop features to allow surveying of new
ways. However this could be built in, in preparation for inbuilt mobile
GPS improving in the future.
* Java ME based for maximum cross platform support.

Does this seem like a good approach?  As can be seen the idea is not so
much to allow addition of new ways (due to the inbuilt GPS on phones not
being great) but more to add POIs and tags to existing ways. If there's
interest and - more crucially - if I have the time (always difficult!) I
could start work on it.

Nick