On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 9:29 AM, Philip Homburg
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [...]
> I don't think that a relation should be used to imply oneway=yes. It's just
> too risky.
> In a country where just all trunk roads are dual-carriage ways, defaulting
> to oneway=no is just too risky.

having different defaults for different countries is going to be a
problem anyway, since not every developer is going to know every
country default

IMHO the safer way is to tag dual-carriage ways in some explicit way,
either with oneway=yes or with some other tag that _always_ implies
oneway (like the junction=roundabout one): the relation may be one
such solution

In Italy we are adding the explicit oneway tag even to motorways, just
to be on the safe side

--
Elena of Valhalla

homepage: http://www.trueelena.org