SteveC <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I'm all for lat/lng to be a user-enabled display option, but it's
> delusional to think that most people on the planet care and I
> personally want most people on the planet using our maps.

And I don't think that most people on the planet mind a set of small
numbers in a corner of the map even if they don't know what they
mean.  If they show N, S, E and W instead of negative coordinates it
will even be more clear to people what it is.

I could imagine that a significant sub-set of users are interested in
this, especially of those users that care about OSM right now.

Why not do something different that OS, Google and Co.?

Matthias