Graham,

This sounds like the makings of a plan! When would you think the ideal
timing would be? When the weather is reliable and not taking your regular
custom away?

Maybe if you could set up a wiki page with some details and travel options
to the area we (the osm community) can jointly get something set up. I'm
sure those attending would ensure your costs are covered.

Sounds like it could be a cool social and mapping gathering.

Cheers

Andy