Hi all,
On the talk-ca list we are comparing the differences & similarities
between this project & the TIGER import.

I wanted to float the idea (to the general talk list) about importing
the full data base that is available, not as shapes/ways/lines, but as
nodes which show
 what map features the node represents.
So for example, importing a park (in a mapped area) we would just show
the outline dots of the park, and the user can connect the dots and
show it the 'right' way osm-style.
This would ensure that accuracy is there as well as alow updates as
these updates would be directly ontop of the old one.
These imported nodes would be then used as reference (like colour
coded snap points)

Is there a way that josm is able to allow the user to click on the
space where the node is and select which node they want to use to
attach the line/area/relation they are working with?

Is there a way to make sure that these nodes dont get rendered?
In the case of address range, what if these lines are shown as 1 side
of the property outline?

Thanks,
Sam Vekemans
Across Canada Trails