On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 10:54 PM, Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamp...@googlemail.com>wrote:

> It's now much easier to get the outline of a building e.g. from Yahoo.
> Also in densely mapped areas people looking for things to do, as the
> basic things like streets and such are just complete.

Yup. I'm slowly mapping Manchester's shops and buildings.

One common pattern I've found is where you have a fairly large building,
often with a fairly grandiose name like 'Louise House', which has retail
units on the ground floor, and then office space, or sometimes hair salons
on the middle and top floors.

In these circumstances, I'm mapping the building as an area (with an
associated name=* tag for the building name), and mapping the shops within
the retail units as nodes within the outline of the building.

Where a single shop takes up the whole building though (eg a big department
store), I'm adding the shop=* tags to the building outline itself.

Frankie

--
Frankie Roberto
http://www.frankieroberto.com