2009/1/31 Peter Vitt <pe...@dotnetphen.com>:
> Hello List,
>
> On talk-de we had a discussion about relations, especially routes, and
> roundabouts the other day.
>
> The topic was: How to integrate a roundabout into a relation.
>
> For now we have three different approaches:
> 1) Leave the roundabout untouched (closed way) and integrate it completely
> into
> the relation.

Applies when the whole roundabout is a part of the route, mostly when
the route is for road users,

> 2) Leave the relation untouched (closed way) and _don't_ integrate it into the
> relation.

Just wrong.

> 3) Split the roundabout as needed, integrate all parts of it into a dedicated
> roundabout-relation and only the needed parts into the route.

A roundabout relation - what would be the point in this, it doesn't
add much more to the data than can already be inferred from the
tagging (junction=roundabout) and the topology of the ways.

2009/1/31 Marc Schütz <schue...@gmx.net>:
> 4) Split the roundabout as needed, tag all parts as junction=roundabout (don't
> use a roundabout relation), and add only the needed parts into the route.

Sounds like the best option...

--
Regards,
Thomas Wood