On Fri, 6 Feb 2009 10:23:22 +0100, "Jonas Krückel (John07)"
<o...@jonas-krueckel.de> wrote:
> Am 06.02.2009 um 08:28 schrieb <marcus.wolsc...@googlemail.com>:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> what about packaging everything one needs to set up a
>> read-only api-server that applies the minutely diffs
>> and re-importes the planet lets say once a month?
>>
>> Many do not need data that is accurate up to an hour
>> but as there are no other servers they have to query
>> the main-api-server anyway.
>>
>> Packaged up for an averare unix-guy to install
>> in an apache-vhost, maybe with a central round-robin-dns
>> over all such api-mirrors we can take a lot of load
>> from the main server.
>>

> I think you know about ROMA and TRAPI. But i think you are speaking
> about a exact readonly-copy of the api.

No, I was indeed speaking about data that is a few minutes (/hours/days)
old. I was not aware of ROMA and it seems to be exactly what I
was aiming for.
There is no need to get test-data for development, map-downloads by
or for navigation-systems and anything that does not require editing
of the most recent state to cause load on a central api-server.

Thank you.