Dave Stubbs wrote:

> I don't give a monkey's about the tag, I just don't want to see a
> proliferation of bots of this kind. There's already of couple of
> unilateral bots running, arbitrarily determining which tags you're
> allowed to use and it's irritating. Too many more and we'll just be
> facing a pile of grey goo.

General consensus seems to be that having two tags for the same concept
is worse than having a single, reasonably well-defined tag for it.

I'll go with amenity=doctors despite the slightly sloppy language. It's
more common, and it's implemented in two major pieces of software already.

I shouldn't have referred to what I'll be doing as a "bot". Really I'd
only want a one-off change, achieved through whatever means is simplest,
whether that be a script or a manual edit from a XAPI query (if that's
deemed safe by Those Who Know). No long-running things; I fully agree
that some recent automated edits and bots have been pretty ill-conceived.

--
Andrew Chadwick