Russ Nelson wrote:

> *I* see OSM as an API for all possible geodata: everything that
> doesn't move, and a few things that do.  There are arguably many
> things currently in OSM which should not be edited.  For example,
> political boundaries at every level.

Hmmm, political boundaries change from time to time, parish, city and
county boundaries are changed over time, even countries come and go.
OSM is a wiki - *nothing* on this planet is immutable.  The coastline
near me is being eaten away by metres every year.

The only automatic process I would like to see is the removal of
immutable=yes ;-)

Cheers, Chris