On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 16:25 +0530, Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:

> I do not have access to the server to try this out, but the problem
> appears
> more complex. I have the same set up on fedora10 (local machine) and
> lenny
> (remote server). The rendering on the local machine is perfect. On the
> remote
> machine it is defective - not only missing symbols, but even the roads
> are the
> wrong colour. The osm.xml files are the same and the india.osm file
> imported
> into the db is the same - and the same syntax was used with osm2pgsql
> import it. I am attaching two screenshots to show the difference. I
> *must* be
> missing something in the lenny install

These tiles definitely look odd. Is this with a standard Lenny install
plus SVN mapnik, mod_tile, osm2pgsql? Are there any other non-lenny
packages for postgresql, boost, gcc etc?

Are you running on a 32 or 64 bit host?

I think I'll need to create a kvm instance with a lenny install to try
to reproduce it. You may want to raise a bug on http://trac.mapnik.org
since it lokos to be a mapnik related problem, not something directly
due to OSM data itself.

        Jon