+1 for that!!!

I could easily create and store all the canvec2osm created files on my
GoogleApps website www.acrosscanadatrails.com
(as well as the geobase2osm NRN data, which is already being archived on
http://www.mediafire.com)

I would of-course have it all in a single layer, (but better to have it as
separate OSM files feeding to the same source) ... better for what? I don't
know... it would solve the problem for when the new canvec/geobase DB is
available (+ the UUID's will be held in safekeeping) :-)

These files can be copied to a master server somewhere. (The Bulk Import
o-sphere, which is just below the OSM-node-o-sphere... which is WAY above
the blog-o-sphere!... and close to the GPX track-o-sphere) ... plus the map
can ALSO be rendered and available to view, for when using potlatch :)

So having the ability to only 'pull' a select section, to use it, select it
all and 'drop' in onto the current 'osm data working layer'  (... as well as
the ability to 'select items which are to be uploaded' would really help.)
Having your userID with the automatic reference tag added ie.
 "canvec:Acrosscanadatrails" for times when you download data.
(that's covered because you now have to 'login' BEFORE you upload any new
data to the server.)

Also, having all the tags that are stored as reference tags also come in as
the user 'pulls' the data from the "Bulk Import Data Layer"

So then only users who have added themselves to the 'Bulk Import Data'
database acess list can submit data to this, using the "DATASOURCE:username"
tag.  (and have agreed to the ODbl licence?)

FYI, AFAIK, just because i edited the rules.txt file and created the
canvec2osm.bat (DOS instructions file), that wouldn't necessarily mean that
i am the "created-works" importer, i just created the "tool" so the
creativity was in the 'linking of the data', i made the chain links to fit
together, but not the entire spool of chain. ... PLUS, the tool was created
acquired knowledge from others.

This MAY solve the database Quagmire :-) ?

Cheers,
Sam Vekemans
Across Canada Trails

Message: 10