On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 14:38:58 +0000, Someoneelse
<li...@mail.atownsend.org.uk> wrote:
> marcus.wolsc...@googlemail.com wrote:
>
>> Lets face it. Everyone else manages this (tomtom, google, garmin, ....)
>
> I'm not sure that "everyone else" does make too good a job of it. Google
> has quite a few village placenames in the wrong place near me
> (Derbyshire, UK).

Interesting. They seem to be very accurate whenever I use them. Maybe its
different for other maps.

> The free satnav on my Blackberry is OK with UK
> postcodes but struggles with smaller placenames and "street or feature
> in placename".

You said "free satnav"? Does it use a commercial map?
I was comparing us with established commercial applications
that use the established $$$-maps.

What I like in Map&Guide or tomtom for example is typing in a
city and getting all streets, typing in a house-number and getting
only the results that have this house-number in the street. This works
like a charm even with the smallest villages without presenting me
streets from the next village.

(When setting your targets, why settle for lower quality then to be
 >better< then the ones you like to replace.)

Marcus