Cyclists are often going to be asked to give way to pedestrians.  Cycle routes
often (usually) allow pedestrian access too. I would tag it as a cycleway with
foot=yes.  The fact that they are part of a cycle trail reinforces this to me.

But, hey, get it in the database as something close to right is the most
important thing, it can always be changed later and its very presence attracts
interest, use and possible improvement.

 cheers, Chris