On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 02:48:32PM -0400, Richard Weait wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-04-07 at 19:36 +0100, Ed Loach wrote:
> > I've just spent a while searching the wiki, but can't see an obvious
> > answer, so thought I'd ask here.
> >
> > I'm using Kosmos to create a map to include in a leaflet (to show people
> > how to get from a station to a venue). I've created an image now and want
> > to include it in the leaflet. Is there some sort of approved bit of text to
> > say that the image was created based on the OSM data? Are there any
> > limitations in me creating such a leaflet in the first place (both based on
> > the current and the proposed licences)?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Ed
> >

> Map cc-by-sa OpenStreetMap.org and contributors.

I use "Copyright (c) <year> OpenStreetMap Contributors". License: Creative
Commons Attribution Share-Alike"

The "Copyright (c) <year>" makes it clear internationally that there is an
actual copyright on it. "OpenStreetMap Contributors" names the copyright
holders, which are the individual contributors, not "OpenStreetMap"
(because that doesn't exist as a legal entity) and not the OSMF. And the
license is spelled out, because thats required by the "Share alike" and
people can find it through Google that way. In web pages I would shorten
this to "CC-BY-SA" and link to the appropriate page. Also the word
"OpenStreetMap" would link to "www.openstreetmap.org".

Jochen
--
Jochen Topf  joc...@remote.org  http://www.remote.org/jochen/  +49-721-388298