2009/4/9 Mike Harris <mik...@googlemail.com>:
> Someone just pointed out this site to me:
>
> http://peoplesmap.com/Default.aspx
>
> with the claim that it was similar to OpenStreetMap and more UK-oriented
> than OSM (which for some reason they thought was German-dominated - I can't
> imagine why! (;>)).
>
> At a quick glance it doesn't even appear to be free - despite the name and
> the initial blurb ...
>
> Does anyone know anything about People's Map? Am I right in assuming that it
> has no connection with OSM? Comparison between the two projects? Pros and
> cons?
>
> Mike Harris

Pros? They have good (their own commercial) aerial imagery, they (used
to) use most of the OSM software.
Cons? Faking freeness, but are not really that free. Worse editor
support (only their flash thing).
There was a clause about data ownership somewhere on the old site, but
I can't find it anymore.

It's certainly been discussed on these lists before, a search may be
worthwhile to hear our previous thoughts:
http://www.google.com/search?q=site:lists.openstreetmap.org+"peoples+map"&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=com.ubuntu:en-US:unofficial&hs=KlV&filter=0

--
Regards,
Thomas Wood